Tuesday, October 14, 2008

El caminar de tu dedo en mi espalda dibujando un corazón.

14 Oct. 2008

My three best friends in Albox are Mabél, Guillermo, and Holly.

Mabél is 7 years old. She lives for two things and two things alone: cartoons and games. She lives on the floor below me in the house where I live in Albox. Her mother adopted her from China when she was 13 months old.

Guillermo spends his afternoons playing cards, drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes, and helping me learn Spanish. He recently moved back to Albox from Murcia, where he got his degree in journalism. Now he works at the local radio station, but says he's planning on getting out of Albox after Christmas. You can listen to his radio show here: http://musicaliaradio.com/ or read his political blog here: http://www.elsureste.es/.

Holly is the other auxiliar at my school. She's from Northern Ireland and is still a student at university. It's comforting to share this boat with someone and I'm grateful that we've connected so quickly and so easily. We share lunch most days. She taught me "What's the craic?" meaning "What's up?" where she comes from.

Lately I've been listening on repeat to my favorite Spanish song by Melendi "Un violinista en tu tejado." Listen to the words.



Sevilla was a dream.


Albox is a different dream.


Granada is my favorite city in Spain.


Photos coming soon...

1 comment:

Amy said...

See, GRANADA is the best city. I knew you would love it.

Miss you.
---Amy