Saturday, March 21, 2009

The sound of trumpets shook the windows...

Gloomy Saturday, I felt the windows and walls shake from the sounding of trumpets and rolling drums and the enormous crash of cymbals as the marching band passed on the street below. Is this practice for Semana Santa? The music is sad and beautiful, measured and proud.

The tank of butane has run out again (the last time in the ice-cold of December), and my showers are confined to two minutes, as long as the water runs lukewarm. Somehow Maribel doesn't see this as a problem - I still have a few minutes of warm water, what more do I need?

With two months left in Albox, I am left wondering the following: Where will I be in 3 months, 6 months time? Will I be happy in that time and place?

And I realize that I'm always asking these questions, since I can remember, so, let's see... Where will I be in 3 months time? And will I be happy then and there?
-----------------------
1. Spider that wished to share my towel on the beach of Cartagena
2. Josefa's recording studio in Peligros, just outside of Granada
3. Two pigeons loving each other on the sands of Almería
4. Views from Mojácar
5. Empty plaza in Mojácar

No comments: