It's raining very hard.
Emily wrote me a poignant email telling me to remember my intentions... My concrete intentions for being in Spain are to learn Spanish, to write again, and to compose music. I would also like to continue studying literature here, read all the books I never had the time to read back home. Additionally, I am here to be challenged, grow in myself, reflect, make new relationships, learn a little bit more about the world.
Oh, but isn't it strange? Have I lost part of my need for adventure as I've grown older? Or am I just rusty? Being on my own and traveling has always appealed to me, but now that I'm here, I find myself wishing I had the company of loved ones. The gentle reminder that, as my father always said, we come into this world alone and leave alone. The only person you can really depend on and truly know is yourself.
We had to close the windows because now it's raining even harder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment