Saturday, September 20, 2008

A pair of red boots and a samosa.

Marie of France has a theory that the people of Barcelona are in no rush because it's impossible to run in flip-flops.

The past few nights have been the best so far. I've been going to BAM - Barcelona Acció Musical

On Friday, Albert, Álvar, Diego, Dani, Berta, and myself saw a couple of bands play. The first was from Barcelona.

Facto Delafé y las Flores Azules


I enjoy their music videos - fantastical and light-hearted.

Yesterday (Saturday) after sharing a large meal with the house and calling my mother (who I miss a lot, along with the rest of my family), I went out with Marie and purchased a pair of red boots and a samosa. I love that samosas are so prevalent and inexpensive here.

Then, Marie and I met up with her French and German friends at MACBA (Museum of Contemporary Art) to see a few bands play. The first was a French indie-pop band that sings in English.

Syd Matters


The second was a woman from Nigeria and France named Asa (Asha), who was very energetic. I guess she has a hit song all over the radio in France. I really enjoyed her lyrics and overall enthusiasm. Listen to the words in this one:

Asa


After the music, we went to a tiny hole in the wall bar with a man who stands outside and likes to massage his customers, I've heard. The bar is called Mariatchi. While we were there, the guitarist from Manu Chao performed with an accordion-player. It was full of raucous and music - one of my favorite combinations.

No comments: