Friday, September 19, 2008

Sabzi with pan.

This afternoon Barcelona is quite warm. Everyone is napping.

Slowly the city unfolds itself. My greatest pleasure today was spending the day with Alvar, going to el mercado to buy many vegetables, and cooking Indian food for Alvar, Albert, Marie, and myself. I made channa masala, sabji, and raita. Alvar cooked basmati rice, washed and chopped vegetables, stirred the food in the pot, and ooo'ed and aaah'ed. Luckily, they enjoyed the meal and it wasn't too spicy for them. Eating is so much more enjoyable when done with others!

I spent the rest of the afternoon on the phone, trying to contact British Airways, Heathrow Airport, Barcelona Int'l Airport, and finally my travel insurance agent. On the flight here, I lost my new digital camera! What a fiasco! At both airports, no one answered the phone at Lost and Found. Luckily, the travel insurance will cover the cost.

This week there's a music festival happening in Barcelona - BAM. I'm looking forward to attending it!

Switching back and forth between English and Spanish is slow for me. I think that slowly, slowly my Spanish will improve. Albert tells me that Andalucians "eat their words" when they speak Spanish.


P.S. I'm listening to A Weather's "Cove." Es muy bonito y tranquilo.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Jeevan, you inspired me to start my own blog. Check it out--you will be the first! Let's keep track of each other's lives. I miss you.